- May 2014-Ben and Elsje decide to figure out a way to do seminary.
- August 2014-Visit Greyfriars Hall in Moscow, ID, run by Christ Church (where Pastor Doug Wilson is the senior pastor).
- September 2014-Begin poking at job possibilities up there that would accommodate our growing family and Ben’s studies.
- September 2014-June 2015 ….. Nothing really comes together. Lots of prayer and spiritual wrestling.
- May 2015 – Applied to Greyfriars without any certainty of a job.
- June 2015- Officially resign from Ellerslie, trusting that God would open the necessary doors (whether in Moscow or elsewhere).
- August 2015- Accepted to Greyfriars and was surprised by the elder board of Christ Church asking if Ben would be interested in interviewing for their “Executive Minister Assistant” position. After the interview, Ben was offered the position, and we began the process of getting ready to move. We put our house on the market last Friday (08/21) and had 15 showings, with six offers after two days on the market. We accepted an offer yesterday (08/24), which has a closing date of 09/04. This means, we will be moving to Idaho within the next two weeks!
So, this has been a crazy amazing ride, but we have seen God’s hand move so faithfully and so above and beyond our expectations that we cannot help but feel deeply humbled and profoundly grateful for God’s goodness unto us. Thank you for you prayers and please continue to be lifting us up as we seek to pull this whole transition together and dive into the adventure God has sent us!
Through this all, we’ve been freshly reminded that we serve a God who answers our prayers. Further, He often does so in ways we would not have chosen or picked, but which are infinitely better and more God honoring than we could have concocted! May our new chapter encourage you in yours!