Iâ€™ll be writing a post everyday for the next week or so, responding to specific issues which were either directly or indirectly raised by President Obama in his recent State of the Union address. As Christians we are to understand that the Gospel has bearing in every arena, and that includes the political, governmental aspects of our culture. I write this as an appeal to all the branches of the governing bodies of these United States of America. Iâ€™ll be covering successively the issues of life (and when it begins and therefore deserves protection), Obamaâ€™s educational proposals, Homosexual mirage and the fact that Obama was the first president to use the word transgender in a State of the Union Address, how we ought to view and deal with Islamic militants, climate change, and our bulging deficit and rising debt. So, let us begin shall we?Â
This Union of Free States is built upon the principle of defending life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This is any governmentâ€™s primary and God-given responsibility. First and foremost we must understand that for a government to function well, it must understand where authority comes from, and especially that government is not the ultimate authority. We Westerners must further understand that neither is the populace the ultimate authority. We are under God, and must acknowledge Him if we are to prosper and thrive as a nation.Â
By slaughtering our children by the millions every year, and using tax-dollars to pay for it, we are placing ourselves in a dangerous position of spurning Godâ€™s ordained responsibility for government, that of protecting the lives of its citizens. This is a plain and simple issue, if we want to receive the blessing of God on us as a people, we must cease the travesty of abortion. The Democrats make it about a womenâ€™s choice for the health of her own body, the Libertarians say it isnâ€™t the Federal governmentâ€™s business and each State should decide on its own, and the Republicans run on a pro-life platform only to chicken out when the vote comes to decide whether we should ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
To the Democratic party I say, â€œA woman is entirely free to do whatever she wants with her body; but the baby in her womb is not her body and has intrinsic rights that the government is responsible to protect and defend at all cost!â€
To the Libertarians I say, â€œBeware of thinking you are fighting for limited government and personal liberties, yet remaining silent when the personal liberties of a baby are being tyrannically and mercilessly infringed upon every 26 seconds in this land of the free!â€
To the Republican party I say, â€œIf you are going to make promises about being pro-life, you had better make good on those; there are rather hefty consequences to lying both in this life and before Godâ€™s judgement seat.â€
The GOP just backed down from even voting on a bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks. Let me put that in perspective, less than 2% of abortions are even performed after this point. The GOP didnâ€™t have the courage to ban 2% of abortions, can we really trust them to fight tirelessly to ban the other 98% of them? Furthermore, if our Government (both parties and all branches) does not care about the youngest and most vulnerable of lives, can we trust them to take a genuine care and concern over any of our lives! This 20 week abortion ban is a mere drop in the bucket of what needs to be done about this issue.
We are a country very much in danger of disintegration if we do not even have men who are man enough to fight until there is not only a 20 week abortion ban, but a 15 week, 10 week, 5 week, and even an abortifacient ban. I want murder to be illegal in all cases, and to be treated as such. The Progressives are a rather shrewd bunch and they donâ€™t quit until the game is over. The Conservatives on the other hand, score one point and think that theyâ€™ve won the championship. If you want to win the war, you have to win the battles, and be on the offensive not the defensive. The State of our Union is rather dismal if we do not have the courage, morality, and mercy to protect out youngest, most vulnerable citizens. We will not enjoy the blessing of God, so long as we continue to legalize and fund the slaughter of our unborn.
Read Part Two here!
Read Part Three here!
Read Part Four here!
Read Part Five here!
Read Part Six here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.